The Perfect Itinerary
An exclusive France adventure where you will experience the unique regions of Alsace, Burgundy, and Provence. Experience a day with an Alsacian wine Sommelier at an award winning Alsacian wine producer, nature walks combined with wine tasting and lunch at an authentic country French restaurant, truffle hunting and wine tasting in the famous Burgundy region, picnic in the vineyards, gastronomy walk, gourmet meals, see Lyon’s artists implementing ancestral hand painted techniques on silk, see France’s oldest Roman ruins, enjoy the breathtaking lavender fields of Provence and much, much more. This adventure is a real treat!
Alsace to Provence & Everything in Between
Explore the culture of France with local experts
3 - 12 June 2020
Reserve Your Spot Today
A $500 non-refundable deposit reserves your space. 4 spaces are already reserved. This is rarely done, but if we have 9 people or more, the price per person will be adjusted down for everyone.
Our groups are limited to no more than 12 people and a minimum of 7 to confirm the adventure.
Alsace to Burgundy to Provence!
This carefully customized itinerary brings you closer to the enchanting local culture, nature, cuisine and traditional wine of France. Get your walking shoes on because you will explore the hidden corridors of Lyon, enjoy a gastronomy walking tour in the heart of Burgundy, truffle hunt with trained truffle dogs in Dijon, enjoy nature hikes through ancient villages and French countryside, savor local delicacies on a picnic in the lavender fields of Avignon, and so much more! All with local experts. You will stay in charming B&B's, family-run hotels and travel in a private mini-coach so we have access to smaller villages.
For all itineraries we reserve the right to make adjustments and changes as needed. Below is a summary of the itinerary.
Making sure your adventure with us is relaxing and wonderful, we've included the following:
- Welcome dinner reception at your hotel located in the charming center of Colmar, France, and welcome gift.
- Accommodations for 9 nights, all 4 to 5 star hotels.
- Private mini-coach and driver, chaperoned by UnTour.Cool’s owner Katy Bendel Daniels, water and snacks available onboard.
- All breakfasts, 5 Lunches, and 8 Dinners; six of the meals are some type of gastronomy and/or wine event. We like to keep it fun and delicious.
- You’ll receive at minimum two full meals per day. In some cases three meals depending on the travel schedule. We have learned from previous guests that three meals per day, every day, was just too much food. We’ve included more experiences and in general breakfast and dinner.
- Group lunches and dinners include 1 glass of wine per person … sometimes more. Each person is responsible for their drinks beyond what is host provided.
- Lots of walking so you’re ready to enjoy that next delectable feast.
- Entrance fees.
- Local expert for guided experiences.
- Transfer to Avignon train station
- 1st class train ticket from Avignon to Paris for your travels home.
This is an active tour. Expect lots of walking through old villages, pathways, cellars, and churches. All walks are easy to moderate. Weather permitting some lunches and wine tastings will take place in the vineyard or lavender fields. Oh yes, and truffle hunting will be outdoors with the truffle dogs.
What's Not included?
The UnTour.Cool adventure will begin in Colmar, France and end in Avignon, France. A 1st class high-speed train ticket from Avignon to Paris is included. Guests may contact us to arrange flights or make their own flight arrangements.
Please note: Airfare from the US is not included in the price.
We highly recommend purchasing Travel Insurance to cover any losses you might incur if you have to abruptly leave the adventure or cancel after the allowed cancellation date. We can provide travel insurance options upon request.
We are now taking reservations, a $500 non-refundable deposit reserves your space, 8 seats are already confirmed with several still deciding.
We are doing something that is rarely done, if we have 9 people or more, the price per person will be reduced for the whole group.
AN 8 GUEST TRIP:
- Double occupancy 4,850 euros pp
- Single supplement - 950 euros
A 9 GUEST TRIP:
- Double occupancy 4,370 euros pp
- Single supplement - 950 euros
A 10 PLUS GUEST TRIP:
- Double occupancy 4,270 euros pp
- Single supplement - 950 euros
- All Accommodations 3 June to departure day 12 June, 2020
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches, 9 dinners, at minimum 1 glass of wine w/hosted meals which usually there's more, expert guides, transportation during our adventure on private mini-coach, and entrance fees.
- Airfare and transfers to the starting hotel and departure hotel.
- Gratuities are not required for our expert guides, but if you feel one of them did an exceptional job then I'm sure they'd appreciate it. We do ask for guests to tip our driver. Our driver will be with us the entire adventure.
For more information and to reserve your spot call us at +1 858 775 8152 or e-mail
A $500.00 nonrefundable deposit reserves your spot! If you'd like to talk with someone about the trip you may send us an e-mail; or call us at +1 858 775-8152.
UnTour.Cool, Inc. reserves the right to cancel an adventure. We will notify guests who have placed deposits when the adventure is confirmed and it is time to purchase airline tickets. In the unlikely situation of a cancelled adventure due to not enough guests, you will receive a complete refund of your adventure deposit and, if any, full payment. UnTour.Cool, Inc. will not assume any other liability and is not responsible for any personal expenses as a result of an adventure cancellation, such as airline tickets or personal hotel reservations.
- Deposit is nonrefundable.
- If you have made a full payment and cancel after June 3, you will be refunded only 3% of your final payment. Any cancellations after June 12, cannot be refunded due to the fact pre-payments have already been made to suppliers.
- Final payments are to be posted.
- The strict cancellation policy is due to down payments and monies already spent to reserve services for this adventure. Small group travel requires a minimum number of attendees to ensure costs are covered.