The Perfect Itinerary
Alsace to Provence & Everything in Between
An exclusive, customized French Adventure that brings you closer to the enchanting local culture, nature, cuisine and traditional wines of the unique regions of Alsace, Burgundy, and Provence. Get your walking shoes on because you will explore the small villages around Strasbourg and Strasbourg itself, experience an award winning Alsatian wine producer with tasting in the vineyards, enjoy nature walks guided by a local expert with lunch at an authentic country French restaurant, truffle hunt with trained truffle dogs in Dijon, gastronomy walking tour in the heart of Burgundy, gourmet meals, explore the hidden corridors of Lyon, see Lyon’s artists implementing ancestral hand painted techniques on silk, see France’s oldest Roman ruins, enjoy the breathtaking lavender fields of Provence and much, much more. This adventure is a real treat!
Making sure your adventure with us is relaxing and wonderful, we've included the following:
- Welcome dinner reception at your hotel located in the charming center of Colmar, France, and welcome gift.
- Accommodations for 9 nights, all 4 to 5 star hotels.
- Private mini-coach and driver, chaperoned by UnTour.Cool’s owner Katy Bendel Daniels, water and snacks available onboard.
- All breakfasts, 4 Lunches, and 9 Dinners; some of these meals are some of type of gastronomy delight. We like to keep it fun and delicious.
- You’ll receive at minimum two full meals per day. In some cases three meals depending on the travel schedule. We have learned from previous guests that three meals per day, every day, was just too much food. We’ve included more experiences and in general breakfast and dinner.
- Group lunches and dinners include 1 glass of wine per person … sometimes more. Each person is responsible for their drinks beyond what is host provided.
- Lots of walking so you’re ready to enjoy that next delectable feast.
- Entrance fees.
- Local expert for guided experiences.
This is an active tour with lots of walking. Expect lots of walking through old villages, castles, vineyards, pathways, cellars, and churches. All walks are easy to moderate. Weather permitting some lunches and wine tastings will take place in the vineyard or lavender fields. Oh yes, and truffle hunting will be outdoors with the truffle dogs.
What's Not included?
The UnTour.Cool adventure will begin in Colmar, France and end in Avignon, France. Guests may contact us to arrange flights or make their own flight arrangements.
Please note: Airfare from the US is not included in the price.
We highly recommend purchasing Travel Insurance to cover any losses you might incur if you have to abruptly leave the adventure or cancel after the allowed cancellation date. We can provide travel insurance options upon request.
UnTour.Cool, Inc. reserves the right to cancel an adventure. We will notify guests who have placed deposits when the adventure is confirmed and it is time to purchase airline tickets. In the unlikely situation of a cancelled adventure due to not enough guests, you will receive a complete refund of your adventure deposit and, if any, full payment. UnTour.Cool, Inc. will not assume any other liability and is not responsible for any personal expenses as a result of an adventure cancellation, such as airline tickets or personal hotel reservations.
- Deposit is nonrefundable.
- If you have made a full payment and cancel after January 1, 2020, you will be refunded only 3% of your final payment. Any cancellations after March 1,2020, cannot be refunded due to the fact pre-payments have already been made to suppliers.
- Final payments are to be posted by January 30, 2020.
- The strict cancellation policy is due to down payments and monies already spent to reserve services for this adventure. Small group travel requires a minimum number of attendees to ensure costs are covered.